Single Window Agency (SWA)
The single-window system in Meghalaya is being implemented for trade facilitation. It will enable the individuals to set up their enterprise by submitting regulatory documents at a single location and/or single entity. The idea is to create a suitable environment for entrepreneurs to set up their units in a cost effective and time saving manner without any hassle with government authorities for obtaining the relevant clearance and permit(s). In a traditional pre-single-window environment, individuals had to visit and deal with multiple government agencies in multiple locations to obtain the necessary papers, permits, and clearances.
For setting up of Industrial Units / Investment in the State of Meghalaya the following documents are required to be submitted by applicants
1. For Setting Up of Industries at Export Promotion Industrial Park / Industrial Estates / Growth Centre / Industrial Areas :
- Application in Plain Paper enclosing a copy of project profile detailing land, power, water requirements, employment potential of the project etc.
- Copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company which should be registered in the state of Meghalaya.
- In case of partnership firms copy of registered partnership Deed to be submitted.
- Detailed Bio-data of the promoter Director of the company / partnership firms (Minimum of one local promoter Director / Partner is essential)
- A commitment letter in respect of employment as per 2012 Meghalaya State Industrial Policy
- The No Objection issued to the applicant by the Meghalaya State Pollution Control Board.
- Assurance letter from Meghalaya State Electricity Board for availability of Power.
- Clearance of the State health Department for drugs and Pharmaceuticals.
- Environmental Clearance from Government of India for units coming under preview of the Environment Act.
- Letter of undertaking to export 25% of the products outside the country for Land in EPIP)
- In addition to point at serial 1 to 7 above, the unit also required to submit :
- No objection from the Urban Department, for units coming up in declared Urban Areas.
- Environment Clearance from the Government of India for units falling under the preview of Environmental Act as notified.
- A land certificate from the State Revenue Department for the land proposed to be acquired.
Applications, letters for obtaining clearances etc from various Departments and for S.W.A. clearance may be submitted to Director of Commerce and Industries.